Parks & gardens
Councils provide and maintain attractive, safe and friendly public open spaces for the community to enjoy, get fit and make social connections.
Council facilities and services include:
- Public parks and gardens
- Barbeque, picnic, rubbish and public toilet facilities
- Tree preservation and urban greening
- Conservation of bushland reserves and wetlands
- Walking trails and shared bike paths
- Hire and permits for public open space functions and activities.
Councils also provide a range of sport and recreation services and facilities.
City of Greater Dandenong spring gardening tips from MAV on Vimeo.