Sport & recreation
Councils provide a broad range of sporting, recreational and leisure services at a large range of facilities, parklands and open space areas. This may include:
- Sports ovals, courts and fields, and changing room facilities
- Leisure/recreation/sports centres
- Public swimming pools and aquatic recreation facilities
- Community and youth centres
- Golf courses
- Play spaces and playgrounds
- Recreational trails (walking and bikes tracks)
- Hire of community halls
- Skate parks.
Councils are also responsible for tenancy lease agreements, and planning for the public health and wellbeing of their communities.
Learn more about