Local government plays an important role in fostering community development.
Councils develop a range of strategies, plans and initiatives to help ensure the prosperity and wellbeing of their communities. Services provided by a council may include:
- Community grants programs
- Community engagement through working groups, meetings and committees
- Neighbourhood planning
- Support for community groups – networking, advice and skills workshops
- Prevention of violence against women – planning and support programs
- Aboriginal development and reconciliation support.
Learn more about