Local laws & permits
Councils establish local laws for their municipality to help manage a range of community safety and public health issues as well as protection of local amenities and regulating activities on council controlled land and roads.
They also issue and ensure compliance with permits for a wide range of activities, including:
- Parking permits (resident and disabled),
- Business permits (street trading, entertainment permits, prescribed accommodation, health & beauty and food safety premises permits, mobile food truck permits, busking permits)
- Event permits (community and major events)
- Filming permits
- Planning and building permits.
- Animal welfare and registration
- Tree and plant maintenance.
Other miscellaneous permits may be required, which are unique to a councils individual laws or geographical location (example - firewood collection, permits to burn, skips bins and more).
Find your local Council website and contact details here