Local laws & permits
Councils establish local laws for their municipality to help manage a range of community safety and public health issues.
They also issue and ensure compliance with permits for a wide range of activities, including:
- Residents: parking permits, skip bin permits, firewood collection and permits to burn
- Disabled parking permits
- Business: street trader permits, place of public entertainment permits, prescribed accommodation, health (beauty) and food safety premises permits, mobile food truck permits, busking permits
- Filming permits
- Planning and building permits.
Learn more about
- Council responsibilities – local laws
- Council business services
- Council planning and building responsibilities.