Cleaning & waste
Councils are responsible for domestic waste management services including bin collection, recycling, waste education and litter management. Services may include:
- Street litter bins and street cleaning
- Waste transfer stations and landfills
- Kerbside waste and recycling bin collection
- Removal of dumped rubbish and hard rubbish pickups
- Litter traps and blocked drains
- Green waste collection service
- Worm farms and compost bins
- Collection of State Government landfill levy
- Graffiti removal.
Recycling tips with Moonee Valley from MAV on Vimeo.
Learn more about
Did you know?
Councils keep our communities clean by...
- Collecting 1.16 million tonnes of garbage
- Collecting 560,000 tonnes of recyclable materials
- Collecting 394,000 tonnes of green organic materials
- Spending $386 million on kerbside collection services
- Spending $91 million on litter and street sweeping services.