We are in a state of climate emergency that requires urgent action by all levels of government.
- A targeted disaster mitigation program of $200 million per annum for four years which will reduce the costs of response and recovery and strengthen community resilience.
- A commitment to ensuring betterment funding as a core element of disaster recovery funding arrangements.
- A commitment to include community infrastructure that is publicly accessible and owned, and local government waste, water and wastewater assets under Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements.
- A Local Government Climate Response Partnership Fund of $200 million over four years to enable planning and preparation to minimise the impacts of climate change in local communities and enable councils to achieve climate neutrality as soon as practicable.
- $100 million per annum over four years provided directly to local governments to support the capabilities of Indigenous councils and the implementation of the Closing the Gap local/regional voice.